Saturday, 11 February 2012

How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles


Moshav? What’s a moshav? Is it “shopping mall” in Hebrew? I mean, from what Jessica was telling me, Israeli stores have the latest fashions from Europe. That black dress Jessica has is really awesome. I know I’d be selling out if I go with the Sperm Donor to a mall, but I keep thinking about all the great stuff I could bring back home.

Unfortunately for 16-year-old Amy Nelson, “moshav” is not Hebrew for “shopping mall.” Not even close. Think goats, not Gucci.

Going to Israel with her estranged Israeli father is the last thing Amy wants to do this summer. She’s got a serious grudge against her dad, a.k.a. “Sperm Donor,” for showing up so rarely in her life. Now he’s dragging her to a war zone to meet a family she’s never known, where she’ll probably be drafted into the army. At the very least, she’ll be stuck in a house with no AC and only one bathroom for seven people all summer—no best friend, no boyfriend, no shopping, no cell phone…

Goodbye pride—hello Israel.


Title: How to Ruin a Summer Vacation
Author: Simone Elkeles
Published by: Flux
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 233
Source: bought
Challenge:
ABC Reading Challenge
Just Contemporary Reading Challenge

Review:

5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

Simone Elkeles has done it again! (even though this was written before the Perfect Chemistry series, but no matter) I feel in love all over again with Simone’s book after reading this! This book is faced paced, funny and romantic; I just couldn’t get enough of this book! Simone just has a way to push all the romantic buttons that creates a brilliant love story.

All the character were well rounded and enjoyable to read. Amy was so funny, at first she was a hint annoying but I grew to love her as the book went on. I loved what her character became as the book went on and how she grew because of the experience that she had.

The book was well written and creative to say the least. If you’re looking for a romantic, funny and a just an all round fun book to read give this book a try!

Plot 4/5
Character 4/5
Cover 4/5
Ending 4/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Simone Elkeles' website

2 comments:

  1. I loved this one too! Great review April :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i loved it too and i am just starting the second one yay

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...