Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Falling Fast by Sophie McKenzie


When River auditions for a part in an interschool performance of Romeo and Juliet, she finds herself smitten by Flynn, the boy playing Romeo. But Flynn comes from a damaged family—is he even capable of giving River what she wants? The path of true love never did run smooth . . .

This is real life, not a rehearsal...


Title: Falling Fast
Author: Sophie McKenzie
Published by: Simon and Schuster
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 247
Source: bought
Challenge:
Just Contemporary Reading Challenge
ABC Reading Challenge

Review:

4- Great!

Falling fast was a sweet, cute, loveable and quick read. This book was a perfect way to get me out my reading dry spell. It was a quick read that allowed me to escape reality for a couple of hours and then when I finished it left me with a smile on my face.

This book didn’t really have a huge intricate plot and it suited falling fast; I felt content with just the sweet romance instead of drama and big plot twists. The writing style was enjoyable, easy to read and I was able to sit and read without having to think too much, which was great at the end of a long week.

I liked River but I didn’t love her to be honest. At times she did come across as whiny and immature, but at others she was sweet and understanding. Flynn did get on my nerves at times, he was just so angry and River was nothing but nice to him. I did enjoy their romance but at times I thought that it did fall slightly flat.

This isn’t the contemporary that I’ve read, but I enjoyed it none the less. It was great way to wind down after a long week and relax.

Plot 3/5
Character 4/5
Cover 4/5
Ending 3/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com

Sophie McKenzie's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...