Monday, 29 October 2012

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

Title: Shatter Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Published by: Harper
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 338
Source: bought

Review:

5- Amazing!! I want to read it again!

WOW…this book was amazing! I took this book on holidays with me and I started reading it on the first day I was there and I was hooked from the first page, I’d probably annoyed some people because in the mornings when I was waiting for everyone else I would pick ‘Shatter Me’ up and start reading and in the end everyone else was waiting for me because I was glued to the pages.

This novel had a bit of everything in it and at first I thought it was a bit supernatural, but then it had dystopian and romance and I couldn’t pin the book the entire way through. That’s part of why I think that this novel was so good because it kept surprising me and I just didn’t know what was going to happen next.

Another reason why this novel is so amazing is because is Mafi’s writing. Her writing was so captivating that you just had to carry on reading and her descriptions, characters and Juliette’s voice was just amazing.

‘Shatter Me’ was an amazing debut novel that had everything that I love: surprises, good characters, strong voices, good writing, a great romance and a storyline that captivated me and as soon as I finished the last sentence I wanted to read more.

Plot 5/5
Character 5/5
Cover 5/5
Ending 5/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble

Tahereh Mafi's blog

2 comments:

  1. This is really wonderfull blog post. I noticed this blog further more useful information. Thanks for sharing your useful views..... PPI Compensation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book but I would have given the plot a 4/5 instead of a 5/5.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...