Sunday, 19 October 2014

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Winning will make you famous.
Losing means certain death.

In a dark vision of the near future, twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live TV show called the Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed.

When sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Published by: Scholastic
Age Group: Young-adult
Paperback: 454
Source: bought

Review:

4- Great!

I have had this book on my shelves for probably over a year and I haven't really thought about reading even after how many people said how good it as; it took me until I watched 'Catching Fire' in the cinema to actually pick it up. I really wish that I had took the time and picked this book up sooner. (I feel like I'm saying this a lot lately).

I really enjoyed the concept of the story and how unique it was to other dystopian books that I have read. I liked Katniss' character but it did take me a while to get used to her because how set in her ways she was but I did grow to like her and admire her as she grew into her character. All of the character were well rounded even the minor ones and it was great to learn about them all.

The plot was fast paced and never boring and it kept me guessing at times and with suspense keeping me glued to the page I finished it quite quickly. I found the the society and the games very interesting and I kept wanting to know more. 

I loved this book overall and I must say this is one of the best books I have read in a long time and I can't wait to read catching fire!

Plot 4/5
Character 4/5
Cover 4/5
Ending 4/5

..........
Rating System

Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...